Quality of Chocolate
Only the highest standards can ensure excellent quality.
By strictly keeping to the rules that have been laid down for a really excellent quality in chocolate, we have managed to develop a wide range of different chocolates. Apart from the chocolate lover’s sensory expectations (like taste, chewing impression, oral feeling, and visual effect), our chocolates reflect the nature and the people of the countries where the ingredients are grown (see Organically Grown Products).
What Is Important to Us
- All our ingredients are organically grown and certified.
- Cocoa varieties are of top quality and are used in an optimum ratio of mixture.
- All other ingredients are of top quality, too. The vanilla we use, for example, is real Bourbon vanilla.
- We deliberately exclude lecithin, especially soy lecithin*.
- We do not use genetically engineered ingredients.
- Each sort of chocolate has an elaborate recipe of its own.
- The manufacturing process has been tuned to maximum conditions (intensive rolling mill treatment, longtime conching).
- A perfect system of quality assurance guarantees a continuous high standard.
The recipes of our chocolates have been awarded very often by gourmet magazines and independent organisations. We are really proud of this fact.
* with the exception of those products: strawberry wafer crunch and espresso biscotti